Commer Jennings Roadranger 1967

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
I'm liking the cab access doors. An awful lot of work to take on but hopefully someone will see the possibilities.

Gladys Crew

I'm liking the cab access doors. An awful lot of work to take on but hopefully someone will see the possibilities.
A little bit of t cut and a bit of elbow grease it will be as good as new, have you notice the back door handle John

colinthefox

That would make a lovely van. It's even got midge screens for the louvres, and I love the walk through (crawl through?) from the cab to the back.
But the roof's had a smack top nearside, and you can see the results in the gutters/roof above the passenger door. That's a pity, cos it's a load of work. Don't think I could face that again.
Can I just have the back door handle please?:)

Downsizing

I did say it was a brave repair which seems your not. However you can have the handle just comes with the Jennings (HARDE to us). So get your bid in. Tomorrow I will take a look at the kiss and see if there is any feedback I can give.

Any questions please post and I will get back to the forum :cool:

Downsizing

I thought you just wanted to dish HARDE to get the price down so you can buy the handle. Is that your bid I see or you just sitting it out? I looked at the handle yesterday I can see why you want it, the inside latch is fantastic, shiny, the sliding mechanism works perfectly and a joy to behold, classic. looking, don't miss out! Sounds like this could be the only one.
There is lots of interest and people have come to view. I stress the work in all correspondence and quote some Commer Campervan geek just wants the handle !

Downsizing

In response to a previous post I said I would look at the damage internal to roof front passage side. Picture attached. IMG_1017.JPG

colinthefox

I thought you just wanted to dish HARDE to get the price down so you can buy the handle. Is that your bid I see or you just sitting it out? I looked at the handle yesterday I can see why you want it, the inside latch is fantastic, shiny, the sliding mechanism works perfectly and a joy to behold, classic. looking, don't miss out! Sounds like this could be the only one.
There is lots of interest and people have come to view. I stress the work in all correspondence and quote some Commer Campervan geek just wants the handle !
I didn't intend to dis your van, (it's lovely) and I understand that the handle belongs with the van. Most Roadranger owners would love to know where they can just buy a back door handle. Many of them are broken, and it's a bit of a standing joke amongst Jennings owners. As for whether I'm brave enough to tackle a deep renovation, please see my thread on my Jennings restoration here https://forum.commervanfan.co.uk/threads/jennings-restoration.7437/. Pages 7&8 refer to the roof damage, and how a minor smack to the roof can result in a small leak and collateral damage right through to the cab. It might help anyone buying the van too!

I'm glad you have interest in HARDE. I'd love to see it restored. As I said, not me at any price, I've done it before.:)

jimberlake

If only I had the space (it would probably still sit there for years getting worse). So hope this van goes to a restorer, they're such cool vans.

Downsizing

Hello Colinthefox, Thanks for you thoughtful reply. We would like to see it be restored but I understand the work. I did look at your link, fantastic photos ( almost tempted me to have a go) shows the effort required and I will definitely point the buyer to this site and link (unless they are already members!). I have tried to be as accurate as I can emphasizing the work to any bidder who makes contact. It is certainly being watched, 2807 views and 241 watchers :)

Gladys Crew

Just to rub salt into the wound sorry Colin, IMG_20200813_184305.jpgIMG_20200813_184310.jpgIMG_20200813_184324.jpg

I puchased these from New Zealand a couple of years ago ;)

IMG_20200813_184344.jpg

Just need to get round to fiting it to Jim.

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
Yep still got mine too. Never did get to the bottom of how to finish it off.