Commer Cobs - are they of interest here?

Cob by default

I inherited mine a couple of years ago and it has been in the family for about 15 years. I have never really decided to keep it or to sell, but it has found a way to become something i haven't been able to part with. I don't really use it enough and following another bereavement I am worried about where i would keep it, so think it might need a new home now with a bit more use and ongoing activity. Being a bit sentimental about it I was hoping i might find an owner in the wider Devon, Dorset, Somerset area it has always been since purchase in Axminster in 1964. It has the mix of lots of good original stuff mixed with some of the not so good age related stuff that might be expected, but drives well and has always looked good and created interest on the classic circuit.
Any thoughts out there?

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome. Very much interest although personally I'm not on the look out for another vehicle. I love Cobs a great size, simple mechanics and a much better choice than the usual Ford or Morris offerings.
I know it will be difficult for you to part with your van but it does sound like you have come to the point where you are able to pass it on, good luck.

S0updragon

Hi and welcome. Gutted situation requires the sale. I’m sure it will find a good home and with a bit of luck locally. I had to travel all of 10 miles to get mine and that was a similarish sale.