Another newbie "

DanBCanvey

Hello fellow commer fans! :)
I purchased my first commer van a 1973 PB wanderer (PAM) lovely van and in good mechanical condition (I have done 300 trouble free use this first week! :)
I will be carrying out the usual repairs and maintenance required to keep her on the road and importanty lots of camping holidays and weekend breaks away in her!
Atb Dan20191029_154643.jpg20191029_144955.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dan and welcome to the Madhouse :)
Looks like a decent van you've got yourself and one of the best conversions too:cool:
It looks familiar, I'm sure it has been on here before, then again most of them have over the years - it is the place to be after all:)

dodgeram

Howdy Dan, nice van you have there:cool: I think there was no camper interior as the previous owner used this as a van for his parts stall at various shows, if I remember correctly:)

DanBCanvey

Thank you panky :D
yes that is correct I bought it from a lovley chap glynn from near Shrewsbury he pulled the interior out and used it as a van' he has kept her in good fettle I will be fitting her out for camping use again I have found brochures showing the layout ect I would love to see some pictures of other original interiors for reference.

Gladys Crew

Hi Dan Welcome to the Wanderer Exclusive Club meet Gladys
7.jpg

Hear are a few pictures of her interior taken on our trip to Hungary last month, I will post some more soon.

1.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Have loads of fun with PAM looks a great van.

DanBCanvey

Wow how brilliant!! :) Looks like your trip was a success! Gladys is fantastic what a lovely example.

Thank you so much for the pictures exactly what I needed to see! I hope to have PAM in a similar condition next year doing what they were built for!

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
If you're starting from a blank slate then this might help.
Basic dimensions for an Auto-Sleeper interior on our main site

Scroll down past all the (very useful) down loads

DanBCanvey

Thank you all for being so lovely and helpful this is a fantastic community here
That is some very useful Information indeed! I will build my own replicating the layout and look of the units. I have nearly finished decorating mine and my fiance Bungalow (in time for you know what' ;) than it's onto PAM interior build :D

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an original Auto-Sleeper interior (ours :) )

-rF4SzMHSP4-vvfZ6Vh296jFWxUi77miS5ErITyZ7nY,tVdzu1XIJqJjkPl4-yQqESxsaDBLUhnEMqy2rSL4ItI.jpg

And here's a few variations that some of our fellow Commerades have created

2014-08-16 14.46.36.jpg2014-08-16 14.51.22.jpgJims.jpgXbox.jpg

DanBCanvey

Fantastic I will update with my progress! My first milestone was to get the roof up for the first time today! I have some cleaning to do and rubbers to source.

DanBCanvey

Wow yes you are correct" windjammer is pretty much the next road along from us!
Me and my feionce love living here with our 8 year old boarder collie Shyla lovley being so close to the sea / estuary :D