4 branch exhaust and Su carb kits

Hi. I take it, it's just a case of off with the old & on with the new?... Or do I need to change throttle cable, & change air filter etc... Ie: do I need to modify anything?... How would it run on a K&N induction kit?... also thinking of running a twin tailpipe out the back rather than out the side of PB with cherry bombs.

So Weber vs SU? Some say one and others the other. What benefits one over the other? Whichever the one I have clearly gives me stress especially starting on a hot engine. Presuming either fits these manifolds... just looking for advice really as I'm your std mechanical technophobe .... ish.

Only the SU will fit my new manifolds, they are side draft which gets away from rising heat problems of down draft carbs.

Webber will bolt straight on and give a good improvement. The SU needs a new or modified manifold and gives a VAST improvement in power, torque and economy - win win win. I would go SU (I have them on both my vans) and forget half measures.

Ooh now I am tempted to upgrade. I already have a Martin exhaust manifold but kept origional air and carb

And as my garage spent hours getting the origional manifold etc off all the bolts/nuts should come off nice and easy so I can give it a go.

Back