Jean the Commer Van

What's the plans then Bernie? Modern running gear and all the bells and whistles or a straight resto?
Are you trying to get me arrested by the Hillman Police :oops:.
Nothing but the best for old Jean, back to original, all panels ordered can’t wait to get started.:D

It's all part of her charactor Colin :oops:
Incidentally, I expect you will know this already, but worth repeating. Those silly spacers were added at the last moment with cars already rolling off the production line because they discovered that the lights (side lights I think) were too low off the ground and didn't comply with Construction and use regulations, so they needed an instant fix to get the cars on the road. Hence the bandy legged look, which wasn't how they were designed.

After stripping out the interior and rubber matting the mammouth task laying ahead, c (1).jpgc (2).jpgc (3).jpgc (4).jpgc (5).jpgc (6).jpg:oops:

The main problem I have p! Does any one know what this purple wire does?

:D
d.jpg

Collected the drivers side floor panel the other day but think I will need to replace both sides now I have had a closer look :(
e.jpg

At least the gear lever is straight, or is it supposed to be bent;)
If you need a hand give me a shout and I'll make sure I'll be washing my hair:) I can blow holes in metal with the best of them so if you need some extra ventilation in the floors you know who to call.

Looking at petrol models wiring diagram it could be horn, hazards, cig lighter and interior light. They all start at constant live fuze. I can photo the wiring diagram if you want.

At least the gear lever is straight, or is it supposed to be bent;)
If you need a hand give me a shout and I'll make sure I'll be washing my hair:) I can blow holes in metal with the best of them so if you need some extra ventilation in the floors you know who to call.
Thanks John I will bear that in mind, but Ted come first so give me a shout when you need a hand putting him back togather, Jean is a long term project.
By the way the gearsick should be stright but it doesn't work at the moment.

Back