Commer Van Fan
Commer Van Fan
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Commer-unity
 Chat
 for hire
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RICH-LOU
Average Member

United Kingdom
779 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2013 :  19:44:06  Show Profile Send RICH-LOU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
had this sent to me by a pal.
turns out its for hire from norfolk retro campers

ITS ALIVE AND ITS A MONSTER.

martin maltas
Parts and Tech Guru

United Kingdom
5183 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  09:22:19  Show Profile  Visit martin maltas's Homepage Send martin maltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was speaking to him the other day, He also has VW's for hire. The Commer is nowhere near as popular as the 'other' type, obviously we still need to educate people

http://www.commervanspares.co.uk/

http://www.yorkshireclassiccampers.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

sneddon-van

86 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  10:07:47  Show Profile Send sneddon-van a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's lovely. People are fools
Go to Top of Page

RICH-LOU
Average Member

United Kingdom
779 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2013 :  10:29:30  Show Profile Send RICH-LOU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah still can't understand why because every vw show I've ever been to I get more attention and good comments than enough

Go to Top of Page

carcamper

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  15:52:56  Show Profile Send carcamper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe the Commer is for sale at the right price

I started with nothing.....and I still have most of it!
Go to Top of Page

RICH-LOU
Average Member

United Kingdom
779 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  15:55:27  Show Profile Send RICH-LOU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All things are for sale at the right price lol

Go to Top of Page

carcamper

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  17:11:43  Show Profile Send carcamper a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats a matter of opinion lol, some things can't be bought; this Commer can however because they told me so

I started with nothing.....and I still have most of it!
Go to Top of Page

Jostein

Norway
1378 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  21:48:38  Show Profile Send Jostein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well said, Mr. Watts. There are things one wouldn't/couldn't part with whatever sort of money was offered.

I must admit that I find this '73 camper from Norfolk Retro Campers quite appealing. I don't know what has been done to it since new, but the Maidstone inspiration on which it has been created (as they say themselves) has resulted in a very interesting vehicle. Obviously, the Maidstone was no longer in production in 1973, but the base vehicle with bus windows all round, the side door and the smaller concertina camper roof - all like the original Maidstone - has made it a pretty unique vehicle in my eyes. The interior is very nice too, very nice indeed ! I don't like the massive rear sofa which seems very dominant, but apart from that I find this camper very desirable.

1965 Commer (1592ccm) series IIa Bluebird Highwayman
Go to Top of Page

renaultvation
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2658 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  22:12:36  Show Profile Send renaultvation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is a lovely van, but I agree with Jostein about that dominant rear seat. I suspect it is to appeal to the VW market where there is no choice about the layout because of the wrong position of the engine. It does appear to make a very large bed though. Could you replicate that by taking out the rear seat and having side facing benches, it appears to have one already, then you could use the rear doors. However, it is all a matter of personal preference.

I am also not so keen on the location of the gas bottle, I hope there is adequate venting in the floor of that cupboard.

'I intend to live forever - so far, so good'
Go to Top of Page

Panky
Panky

United Kingdom
18541 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  22:22:45  Show Profile  Visit Panky's Homepage  Send Panky an AOL message Send Panky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The main advantage of that bed are the seat belts, looks a very stylish van

Summer's Coming
Go to Top of Page

Jostein

Norway
1378 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  23:41:50  Show Profile Send Jostein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Panky. You're quite right. The proper 3-point seatbelts in that rear back seat shows the advantage of a rather unusual seating layout.

And like you say, Renaultvation: The rear seat must be inherited from the Volkswagen van layouts, where the (only) sensible location for the rear seat is above the engine.

1965 Commer (1592ccm) series IIa Bluebird Highwayman
Go to Top of Page

sneddon-van

86 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2013 :  16:38:01  Show Profile Send sneddon-van a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks more like the beds being fitted into VW T4s as in it will be a free standing unit which is bolted to the floor, rather than having part of it on the rear shelf above the engine like in a bay or split
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Commer Van Fan © 2005-2013 Commervanfan Go To Top Of Page