Patience returns

Right now let's go camping - that's a bed :D
I've been searching for the glass channel too with no luck. Mine had gone wiggly and jammed the windows I ended up stripping them down and warming the plastic runner with a heat gun over a length of angle iron of a similar thickness to the glass - and it worked. The glass slides nicely now. If you're careful it might work in situ with the glass still in place.
I was getting desperate and I nearly got some of this to try with the idea of cutting one channel off, it would work out quite expensive though.

I did find single channel in short lengths but the outside thickness was just too big and jammed the glass up.

Hi all sorry iv not been on blue is parked up for the winter done a couple of hundred miles now and need to take the engine mount back off as it has a small oil leak there I was hoping it was the timing casing but it's not it's to cold now to work outside. But on the up side I have a classic mini to play with and fits in the garage lol.

Now that driveway looks very familiar, almost Identical to mine before I sold the Mini. Nice job on the roof but does your Nan know where her nets have gone;)

Hi all got a puzzle for me and probably a simple answer for you all, got bluey out tonight as the mini dropped into 3 cyl and not got time to deal with it this week ( nothing to do with treating it like a gocart ) but was driving bluey down the bypass at 50 without a problem but when I got to the roundabout I stopped and noticed a bit of smoke coming up from the headlights a pulled in to check and the engine breather tube is chuffing out smoke and top of rocker cap. It's the first time I have been out of the area and at night, is there something I have missed when I rebuilt the engine or am I going directly to the rings

Does the dipstick blow out? If I remember rightly an A series dipstick just sits loosely in a hole. Any crankcase pressure will blow it out.
It could just be a matter of the wrong oil in the engine ( remember the gearbox uses the same as its in the sump)

It does sound like rings or possibly glazed bores. Has it run very rich for any length of time?

Does the dipstick blow out? If I remember rightly an A series dipstick just sits loosely in a hole. Any crankcase pressure will blow it out.
It could just be a matter of the wrong oil in the engine ( remember the gearbox uses the same as its in the sump)
Sorry Paul it's not the mini it's the commer 1725 that's chuffing smoke the mini turned out to be a duff sparkplug all good now but still used the
commer tonight just went the main road and missed out the bypass tonight.

It does sound like rings or possibly glazed bores. Has it run very rich for any length of time?
I have done about 190 miles but not really been anywhere just 10 min drives to work and back so it probably is running rich for half the distance, I am thinking that there might be a crack somewhere, the rings where new and where gaped for the bore when I done the rebuild. Maybe it's time to look for another engine

Back