Commer friendly campsites

Saul

Is there a list or thread anywhere that has suggestions of campsites that have great views, facilities, commer friendly etc?
Is it worthwhile having one that people can post recommendations and photos for others?

Made me think while looking for a suitable place for next summer near Daylesford in Gloucestershire.

Ooh a Gloucestershire meet? Yes please!! I often take commer to Lychett Minster caravan park near Poole, great site, pub up the road with free bottle of wine when you order dinner and come from campsite, nice and flat for commer and accessible. Lots of fun

I think such a list was started absolutely years ago (I mean 10 years ago or so!), and we got some campsites up there. But where is that thread now? I wouldn't know.

Would be a good idea to start a pinned post on this so that it would be easy to find whenever camping tips are needed.

Any in Norway!?!?!?

It is our intention to drive over in the spring :)

Wow! That is impressive. If you head this way, you'll have to drop by us, if you happen to visit Oslo on your journey.

There are quite a few campsites around the country, so that should not be a problem. Worth checking if they're open for the season though, as - depending when you plan to visit - they could still be closed for the winter season. I doubt many campsites will open before May, unless they are open all year round. Let me know when and where you think you may visit, and I will try to find some campsites for you. Just drop me a line on FB, or email. You should have both, I think.

jaeren21.jpg

jaeren09.jpg

Crikey that's a spectacular site, no good for tents though unless you've got a Hilti gun to drive in the pegs:eek:

Wow! That is impressive. If you head this way, you'll have to drop by us, if you happen to visit Oslo on your journey.

There are quite a few campsites around the country, so that should not be a problem. Worth checking if they're open for the season though, as - depending when you plan to visit - they could still be closed for the winter season. I doubt many campsites will open before May, unless they are open all year round. Let me know when and where you think you may visit, and I will try to find some campsites for you. Just drop me a line on FB, or email. You should have both, I think.

jaeren21.jpg

jaeren09.jpg
Wow that's a great spot, wouldn't want to have to much rum though.:confused:

Is there a list or thread anywhere that has suggestions of campsites that have great views, facilities, commer friendly etc?
Is it worthwhile having one that people can post recommendations and photos for others?

Made me think while looking for a suitable place for next summer near Daylesford in Gloucestershire.
Hi Saul, we went to a nice campsite in Tewksbury, it had a pub, some facilities and its next to the river Severn. I'll find the name for you.

There's a few sites on the A38 south of Gloucester, I don't have names but I'm sure you would find them on Google Maps. Also, the best camping shop EVER is on that road - Atwools. (Google them too) Mike.

hi guys, there is a nice campsite at the tudor arms pub near slimbridge.would be good for a comer meet. just down the road from saul.swampster :)

hi guys, there is a nice campsite at the tudor arms pub near slimbridge.would be good for a comer meet. just down the road from saul.swampster :)
Hi Gary, Long time since we heard from you, Hope you and Jackie are well, Looks a great location for a Commer meet, How about arranging one.
Regards Bernie & Heidi.

Well hello there guys:D arrange something and we may even allow non-Commer attendees;)

That would be cool for a meet... Could even tie it in to Glastonbury festival?... There's a 2yr break now so plenty of time to arrange something like that...

Back