Meet Ted

I've got a hill just outside, that's my road I roll on to test the mods. If I get to the top and I'm going faster then it's worked;)

After a few runs (not driven Ted much since the mods) I've gone back to an AAA carb needle, I tried it when I first fitted the Cooper head, HS4 and and 1 1/2" exhaust but it ran too rich so I went to an AAU which suited the cast manifold set up. Since fitting the new manifolds the car has been a bit kangaroo'y when pulling away gently and hesitant at low revs, winding the jet down made it better but resulted in a fast tick over even with the stop wound right back. So the AAA went back in and it's much better, smoother, quieter and adjustment available on the tickover screw again - plugs are a nice biscuit colour after a good run too so I feel it's pretty much spot on now :)
Until I start fiddling again;)

It was a while ago but some of you may remember I set about doing some wood work repairs on Ted the Traveller. Well to say things developed is a little bit of an understatement :rolleyes:
He has been bodged and filled and bodged again over many years, I found seven layers of floor repairs in on place and one of the spring hangers was full of filler:eek: So a monster panel order went in to completely re-build both sides - front door hinge panel with backing panel, front and rear inner sills, boxing panels 'B' post repair panels, rear wheel arch repairs, front spring hanger for leaf springs as well as a wallet walloping bill for replacement timbers.
Nasty inner wing and hinge panel
20181124_125618.jpg

New hinge panel fitted
20190303_160422.jpg

Inner wing repair and hinge panel backing panel
20190303_160439.jpg

20190303_160422.jpg

New bump stop made up and fitted

20200317_142616.jpg

20200317_150253.jpg

A bit of fettling and some boxing in later

20200403_155917.jpg

The cowl is usually welded over the bump stop but as it's a real rust trap I held it on with tech screw for now and see how it goes.
There was also a LOT of work gone into re-building the rear chassis section in that area too.20200410_125249.jpg

20200409_122225.jpg

Sill sections and floor edge repairs done and daubed with Zinc 180

20200410_125300.jpg

20200410_125249.jpg

I've had to mock up the rear end to get the position for the rear wheel arch repair

20200411_134332.jpg

That's as far as I've got. Loads more done than what I've shown but plodding on

While me and Heidi have been playing out you certainty been busy, (feel guilty now).
But great work sir I take my hat off to you. :D :D

The fan on my ancient Migmate was making some horrendous noises (it looks like a boat propeller and can't be that efficient even when working properly) and a difficult to find replacement was a stupid price. So an ebay search revealed a viable option - my MIG is now fitted with a £15 high flow bathroom extractor fan that is whisper quiet and has a flow better than the original:)
In other news I ran out of gas:(

The fan on my ancient Migmate was making some horrendous noises (it looks like a boat propeller and can't be that efficient even when working properly) and a difficult to find replacement was a stupid price. So an ebay search revealed a viable option - my MIG is now fitted with a £15 high flow bathroom extractor fan that is whisper quiet and has a flow better than the original:)
In other news I ran out of gas:(
Does it run on for ten minutes after you've finished doing the business?

Back